Fertilmas - For Men
Fertilmas, our premium male fertility supplement, was formulated to support sperm maturation in men with sub-optimal sperm. Fertilmas delivers a combination of key nutrient requirements correlated in men with sub-optimal sperm, comprising a unique composition of Swiss pharmaceutical-grade amino acids, including:
- 600 mg of L-Carnitine (Carnipure ®)
- 482 mg of L-Arginine
- CoQ10, Selenium, Zinc and folate
- Vitamin B6 + B12, Vitamin C + D + E
Candidates: Men with sub-optimal sperm: Asthenospermia (suboptimal motility), Oligospermia (reduced count) and Teratospermia (abnormal morphology)
Product Form: Capsules
Raw Materials: Swiss L-Carnitine (Carnipure®)
Dosage: 2 capsules per day
Fertilmas Vs. EROSMAS: Fertilmas is a capsule-based product for men with general infertility, and has lower levels of L-Carnitine & L-Arginine than EROSMAS.
Carnipure® in Male Fertility:
L-Carnitine may play an important role in male reproductive health, mainly due to increased mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation, which results in improved motility of epididymal sperm. Clinical studies suggest that L-Carnitine supplementation over a period of 3 to 6 months can positively affect sperm concentration, sperm count, the percentage of motile sperm, and the percentage of sperm with rapid progression. Carnipure® supplementation should be considered by men interested in supporting their reproductive system.
What is L-Carnitine:
L-Carnitine is essential for transporting long-chain fatty acids across the mitochondrial membrane, for subsequent fat breakdown and energy generation. The Carnipure® product is a high quality L-Carnitine ingredient manufactured by the Swiss company Lonza.
Quality & Safety
Carnipure® is approved and/ or accepted in most countries, including the United States, European Union, Japan, China, etc., and approved for:
- Infant nutrition
- The products have US self-affirmed GRAS status (Generally Recognised As Safe)
- The products have a positive EFSA (European Food Safety Authority) safety evaluation
- Foods for particular nutritional uses (PARNUTS)
Clinical studies suggest that L-Carnitine supplementation over a period of 3 to 6 months can positively affect sperm concentration, sperm count, the percentage of motile sperm, and the percentage of sperm with rapid progression. Carnipure® supplementation should be considered by men interested in supporting their reproductive system.
A decrease of L-Carnitine in various body compartments with age has been described in literature. The resulting reduction in energy metabolism due to lower L-Carnitine levels can be restored by L-Carnitine supplementation. A list of randomized controlled trials and controlled clinical trials are listed below:
- Effect of oxidative stress during repeated ovulation on the structure and functions of the ovary, oocytes, and their mitochondria: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20621580
- L-carnitine supplementation and physical exercise restore age-associated decline in some mitochondrial functions in the rat: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18948552
- Dietary l-carnitine supplementation improves bone mineral density by suppressing bone turnover in aged ovariectomized rats: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18539446
- L-carnitine increases liver alpha-tocopherol and lowers liver and plasma triglycerides in aging ovariectomized rats: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17368883
- Dietary L-carnitine enhances the lymphatic absorption of fat and alpha-tocopherol in ovariectomized rats: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15795429
- Dietary l-carnitine stimulates carnitine acyltransferases in the liver of aged rats: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11799139
- The effect of L-carnitine on T-maze learning ability in aged rats: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11395170
- L-Carnitine L-tartrate supplementation favorably affects biochemical markers of recovery from physical exertion in middle-aged men and women: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20045157
L-carnitine L-tartrate, L-arginine hydrochloride, glazing agent: hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose (vegetable capsule shell, colour: titanium dioxide), L-ascorbic acid, D-alpha-tocopheryl acetate, zinc oxide, anticaking agent: magnesium salts of fatty acids, pyridoxine hydrochloride, cholecalciferol, pteroylmonoglutamic acid, sodium selenite, methylcobalamin
It is recommended to take Supplemena Fertilmas from the time you start planning children until a possible pregnancy is confirmed. The sperm maturation process requires three months. Please consult us, your GP/ PCP or pharmacist if you have questions about Supplemena Fertilmas.
One box of Fertilmas includes 60 individual capsules and is the equivalent of one month's supply. Please take 2 capsules per day, with plenty of water, ideally just before a large meal, preferably breakfast or lunch; not before sleeping.
- As with any dietary supplement, Supplemena Fertilmas is not a substitute for a balanced and varied diet, or a healthy lifestyle
- As with any dietary supplement, please consult your GP/ PCP or pharmacist with questions relating to ingredients or composition
- As with any dietary supplement, please ask your physician if you're also taking any prescription medicine
- Keep the container in a cool, dark and dry place; ideally at room temperature
- Keep the product out of reach of children